Tsuen Wan West Data Center Overview
Our Tsuen Wan West purpose-built data center will be located in Hong Kong’s industrial and commercial district with access to various forms of public transportation. Once fully developed, the data center will offer customers 48MW of capacity spread across 12 data modules of 4MW each. The first phase, which will include 12MW of IT capacity, is scheduled to be online in 2023.
We’re pleased to offer all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Data Center Features
Vantage’s Tsuen Wan West data center campus will provide redundancy across all systems. State-of-the-art electrical equipment will be the foundation for maximum efficiency and reliability, ultimately ensuring customer uptime thanks to the support from a world-class in-house operations team.
- Power provided by China Light & Power Company Limited (CLP)
- On-site 132kV substation
- Multiple, diverse power feeds will support the facility
- Mixture of 2N, DR N+1 or other UPS redundancy levels available, customized to individual requirements
- 380/230V power distribution
- All systems will be 100% concurrently maintainable
Our data center campuses are designed to cool your critical technology efficiently and economically. Our choice of cooling systems is reliable, ensuring your IT assets and applications are always running to keep up with the demands of your business.
- N+1 for core chiller components; N+2 for all other mechanical systems
- A centralized chilled water plant will provide cooling distribution to all data modules and associated infrastructure for phases 1 and 2
- A decentralized air-cooled chiller plant will be used for phases 3 and 4
- Hot aisle containment
The Tsuen Wan West data center will offer multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the facility with access to both dark and lit fiber. It will be carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) will allow for diverse paths
- Two points-of-entry (POEs) will ensure maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Dual risers will provide network diversity
- Carrier neutral with extensive connectivity options
- Partnerships with cloud and content providers for interconnection services
- On-premise Internet Exchange/peering point
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Tsuen Wan West data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations with patrols 24x7x365
- CCTV surveillance with local and remote monitoring
- Bio-scan access
- Scanning/metal detection
- Circle lock turnstiles for entrance
- Vehicle scanning
- Car trap, fence, wall barrier
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center campus that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. This facility will include impressive greeting areas, conference rooms, large-scale break rooms, gym with showers and lockers, and a wellness center.
- Dedicated office and workspaces customizable to meet your needs
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces
- Break area and pantry
- Gym with showers and lockers
- Wellness center
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- 27-minute drive to Hong Kong International Airport
- 25-minute drive to Central Business District
- 15-minute walk to the Mass Transit Railway (MTR)
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. We’re committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030, both by reductions in the emissions we control directly, as well as those in our supply chain we can influence.
- The facility is designed to meet LEED Gold certification standards
- Water saving sanitary fittings
- Rainwater harvesting
- Construction waste management and recycling
- Solar PV panels and wind turbines
- EV charger parking spaces
- Indoor Air Quality (IAQ) systems
- Low uplight and glare luminaires in outdoor areas to minimize light pollution