Phoenix Data Center Campus Overview
Your search for digital infrastructure in the top five data center market that is Phoenix can now be made simple thanks to the 50-acre campus on which Vantage is building four new data centers. Located just outside of Phoenix in Goodyear, the campus will offer 176MW of IT capacity and more than one million square feet once fully developed. An average density, with options to go higher or lower, of 250W/SF means we’re ready for your high-density applications.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s Phoenix data center campus will feature a highly modularized electrical equipment design to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The planned campus will offer N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class, in-house operations team ensuring customer uptime.
- Powered by Arizona Public Service Company (APS)
- Dedicated substation onsite
- Multiple, diverse utility power feeds supporting the campus
- Receiving power at 69+kV and distributing around campus at 12kV and 480V within the building
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
Vantage will use efficient, reliable cooling systems at the new Phoenix campus. The campus will leverage a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. The cooling system will also include an integrated economizer capability that allows reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature, so when the weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in galleries of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- Planned N+2 redundancy across all mechanical systems
- Planned Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) based on closed-loop chilled water system design
Vantage Phoenix will offer multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the campus with access to both dark and lit fiber. Vantage’s Arizona data center campus will be carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Most of the infrastructure in the area will utilize underground deployment topologies
- Multiple Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) throughout campus will allow for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Phoenix data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Perimeter security gates and fencing
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication (access badge/PIN and biometric readers) for customer spaces and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. This Phoenix campus will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Proximity to local amenities like Canyon Trails Towne Center, Palm Valley Pavilions West, Phoenix Goodyear Airport and more
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Phoenix data center campus delivers on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more