Santa Clara I Data Center Overview
If you need data center space in Silicon Valley, we’ve got you covered. Vantage has the region’s largest campus with six multi-story data centers on 21 acres, offering more than 335,000 square feet of data center space. This unique campus has 77MW of critical IT load and is the largest LEED Platinum certified data center campus in North America.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
- Largest LEED Platinum Certified Campus in North America, U.S. Green Building Council
- For a complete list of our corporate certifications, please click here.
Santa Clara I Data Center Features
When it comes to power, it’s all about reliability and efficiency. Vantage’s CA1 campus has both covered. The campus offers redundancy, guaranteed uptime and peace of mind. We’ll make sure that you’re always up and running so you can focus on what’s really important, achieving your business goals. Vantage is constantly building and deploying the latest technology and services to continually improve efficiency and reliability.
- Three 50MW dedicated substations on site
- Power provided by Silicon Valley Power (SVP) offering low rates and high reliability
- Varied redundancies available across the campus (grid, N, N+1, 2N)
- Multiple data modules with the ability to support diverse densities (high-density ready)
Vantage’s CA1 campus offers multiple solutions to ensure highly efficient data module cooling and humidity management. These solutions include traditional chilled water loops, outside air and chilled water to the rack.
- Highly efficient chilled water loop system that uses minimal water for maximum cooling
- Campus utilizes gray water for cooling for greener, more sustainable cooling
- Newer deployments support chilled water doors at the rack for high-density configurations (35kW+ per rack)
- Outside air economization available in multiple data modules allowing highly efficient cool and achievable PUEs under 1
Vantage’s CA1 campus is located in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to one of the densest fiber connection points in the country. The campus offers diverse fiber paths, and multiple available carriers provide robust connectivity and choice so you find options that suit your needs.
- Both dark fiber and lit fiber services available across campus
- Multiple Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) available in every data center
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our flagship Santa Clara data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- Security personnel onsite 24/7
- Minimum of five layers of security protecting each data module
- CCTV video surveillance from 200+ cameras across the campus with 30-day video archiving always available
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, our flagship Santa Clara campus offers dedicated office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities with food, games, entertainment and more.
- Dedicated and customizable office space
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Reservable conference rooms and meeting spaces
- Break rooms with food, games and TVs
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our flagship Santa Clara campus delivers on this promise.
- Largest LEED Platinum certified data center campus in North America
- Energy generation by Silicon Valley Power (SVP), offering renewable energy credits and the best power rates in the region
- Innovative water plant using reclaimed water
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more