Quebec City Data Center Campus Overview
Our Quebec City eco-friendly campus sits on 18 acres and includes three data centers with 54MW of critical IT load in their 350,000 square feet of space. Density options scale to 240W/SF, so we’re ready for your high-density applications.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
- QC21: Tier III Certification of Design Documents, Uptime Institute
- QC21: Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility, Uptime Institute
- For a complete list of our corporate certifications, please click here.
The Quebec City data center campus includes advanced equipment and utilizes nearly 100% hydroelectric power—creating little greenhouse gas and no harmful waste. Vantage Quebec City also has direct access to the Hydro-Quebec substation and a high-quality electric network.
- N+1 electrical and mechanical redundancy
- High-density ready slab floor design
- Nearly 100 percent hydroelectric power
Our Quebec City campus makes the most of its colder climate by using outside air for free cooling almost the entire year, maximizing both sustainability and efficiency. We also use hot aisle/cold aisle containment to prevent air from mixing, extending cooling efficiency, even further.
- Intelligent free cooling system
- Outside air economization up to 86 percent of the year
- N+1 redundancy across all mechanical systems
Quebec City data center campus is a highly connected, carrier-neutral campus with extensive and diverse fiber connections. It includes five Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) for network redundancy, as well as direct interconnection to some of the biggest public and private cloud providers in the area.
- Major fiber-based service providers available
- Five MMRs throughout the campus, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Geographic redundancy between Quebec City and Montreal grids
- Five points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Quebec City data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- Biometric identification and facial recognition entry
- 24x7x365 video surveillance and on-site security
- 360 indoor and outdoor closed-circuit cameras
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, this data center campus, strategically located in the Quebec City Metro High Tech Park, includes complimentary WiFi and other class-A amenities for onsite teams.
- Customizable office and workspaces
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Conference and break rooms
- Located in close proximity to Quebec City’s main business district with its entertainment, airport and highways
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Quebec City campus delivers on this promise.
- Uptime Institute certified (QC21)
- Energy generation by Hydro Quebec, 99.5 percent hydroelectric power
- Free cooling throughout most of the year using outside air
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more