Cyberjaya II Data Center Campus Overview
Sited on 35 acres (14 hectares) adjacent to our flagship Malaysia campus, our KUL2 campus is well-positioned to meet the evolving need for advanced digital infrastructure. Once fully developed, the campus will include 10 data centers with 2,760,00 square feet (256,000 square meters) of space and offer customers a total of 256MW of IT capacity, bringing our total expandable capacity in Malaysia to 287MW.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to the same service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s KUL2 Cyberjaya campus will feature the most state-of-the-art electrical equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The campus will offer N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class in-house operations team, ensuring customer uptime.
- Power provided by Tenaga National Berhad (TNB)
- N+1 substation on campus at 500MVA
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- 400V electrical configuration
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
Vantage’s KUL2 Cyberjaya campus will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers.
- N+1 overall, N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module to allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
KUL2 will offer multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the data center campus with access to both dark and lit fiber. The campus will be carrier neutral, giving you the flexibility to manage your own network.
- Two meet-me-rooms (MMRs) for each data center, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Three points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus, ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Cyberjaya campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- CCTV surveillance with local and remote monitoring
- Two-factor door access control
- Perimeter security gates and fencing
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. The KUL2 data center campus will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break rooms.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. We’re committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030, both by reductions in the emissions we control directly, as well as those in our supply chain we can influence. Our KUL2 Cyberjaya campus delivers on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Solar panels will be used to power non-critical areas such as office and amenity spaces
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more