Montreal III Data Center Overview
Situated on the island of Montreal with direct access to Highway 40, our 8-acre Montreal III data center is conveniently located close to Dorval’s Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport. Once fully developed, the single-story data center will offer two data modules supporting average densities of 428W/SF. The data center will be powered by nearly 100% renewable energy from Hydro-Quebec with the first phase opening in October 2022. This is our third location in Montreal, offering customers a combined total of 89MW of capacity once all campuses are complete.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Data Center Features
We’ll make sure that you’re always up and running so you can focus on achieving your business goals. Vantage’s Montreal data center (QC61) offers redundancy and guaranteed uptime for peace of mind. Our team is constantly building and deploying the latest technology and services to continually improve efficiency and reliability.
- N+1 electrical redundancy
- Nearly 100 percent hydroelectric power, creating very little greenhouse gas and no harmful waste
- Dedicated 45MW substation on campus with a direct private connection to Hydro-Quebec
- All systems concurrently maintainable
QC6 will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. An integrated economizer capability will allow reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature–when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers; outside air economization is leveraged up to 80 percent of the year
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) will be near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
Fiber pathways into the data center will be multiple and diverse, with access to both dark and lit fiber. QC61 will be carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Four Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) will allow for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) will ensure maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the facility (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our QC61 data center is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Crash-rated gate and anti-climb fencing
- Perimeter intrusion detection system
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. The QC61 data center will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break rooms.
- Customizable office and workspaces
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Conference and break rooms
- Proximity to Montreal’s main business district
- Near the Dorval’s Pierre-Elliott Trudeau Airport with direct access to Highway 40
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our QC61 data center delivers on this promise.
- Energy generation by Hydro-Quebec, 99.5 percent hydroelectric power
- Free cooling throughout most of the year using outside air
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights and more
- We’re committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030, both by reductions in the emissions we control directly, as well as those in our supply chain we can influence