Berlin II Data Center Campus Overview
Given Berlin’s popularity, we’re opening another campus just south of the city in Mittenwalde. Located only 20 kilometers from our BER1 campus and 10 kilometers from the Brandenburg International Airport, the campus will be situated on 12 acres (five hectares) and will feature two data centers. Each two-story facility will offer 16MW of critical IT load with 300W/SF (3.2kW/M²) average density and 130,000 square feet (12,000 square meters) of space. The first phase is scheduled for completion in the summer of 2022.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s BER2 campus will provide N+1 redundancy across all systems. An on-campus substation and state-of-the-art electrical equipment are the foundation of maximum efficiency and reliability, ensuring customer uptime and reliability thanks to the support from our world-class in-house operations team.
- N+1 substation at 45MW on campus
- Power provided by the E.DIS, the region’s leading energy provider
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- 400V electrical configuration
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
Vantage’s BER2 campus will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. An integrated economizer capability will allow reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature–when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
Fiber pathways into BER2 are multiple and diverse, with access to both dark and lit fiber. The campus is carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) for each data center on campus, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- All major carriers available
- Two points-of-entry (POEs), extendable to four, ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our BER2 campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- K12-rated fencing around the perimeter with impact protection
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. The BER2 data center campus will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break rooms.
- Dedicated offices and workspaces customizable to your needs
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
- 10 kilometers from Berlin Brandenburg International Airport
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization
- Solar panels used to power non-critical areas such as office space
- Sustainable underground (natural) drainage on site
- Permeable hard landscaping to increase the gross external area for nature
- Electric vehicle charging stations for cars and bikes
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more