Milan Data Center Campus Overview
Our Northern Italian data center campus will be located on more than 30 acres (12 hectares) in Milan, one of Europe’s hottest cloud markets. Once fully developed, the 517,000 square foot (48,000 square meters) campus will offer 64MW of critical IT load with 300W/SF (3.2kW/M²) average density.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s new Milan data center campus will provide N+1 redundancy across all systems. An on-campus substation and state-of-the-art electrical equipment are the foundation for maximum efficiency and reliability, ultimately ensuring customer uptime and reliability thanks to the support from a world-class in-house operations team.
- Substation (N+1) on campus at 220KV
- Power provided by Enel and Terna, the leading energy providers in the region
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- 400V electrical configuration
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
Vantage’s Milan data center campus will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. An integrated economizer capability will allow reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature–when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- N+1 overall, N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) will be near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
Fiber pathways into the Vantage Milan data center campus will be multiple and diverse, with access to both dark and lit fiber. The campus will be carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) allow for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Milan data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- K4-rated fencing around the perimeter, with impact protection
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. Our Milan campus will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break rooms.
- Dedicated offices and workspaces customizable to your needs
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Milan campus delivers on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization
- Electric vehicle charging stations for cars and bikes
- Substantive planting of new trees
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more