Santa Clara III Data Center Overview
Located in close proximity to the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport and within a two-mile radius of our CA1 and CA2 campuses, CA3 will be our third site in Silicon Valley. Situated on nearly eight acres of prime Santa Clara real estate, CA3 will include more than 486,000 square feet and 64MW of critical IT capacity throughout one, four-story facility. CA3 will be powered by Silicon Valley Power using 100% renewable energy, opening its doors to customers in late 2024. Upon completion, Vantage will have 216MW of IT capacity between all three locations in the epicenter of the valley.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to the same service and delivery standards across the globe.
Data Center Features
Vantage’s CA3 Santa Clara data center will feature the most state-of-the-art electrical equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The facility will offer N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class in-house operations team ensuring customer uptime.
- Power provided by Silicon Valley Power, the leading energy provider in the region, using 100% renewable energy
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the facility
- 400V electrical configuration
- Substation on site
CA3 will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. The cooling system also includes an integrated economizer capability that allows reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature, so when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- N+2 redundancy across all mechanical systems
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
CA3 will offer multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the facility with access to both dark and lit fiber. It will be carrier neutral, giving you the flexibility to manage your own network.
- All major fiber-based service providers operating within a few miles
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the facility (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our CA3 Santa Clara data center is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Perimeter security gates and fencing
- CCTV on all access control points
- Dual authentication (access badge/PIN and biometric readers) for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, our CA3 data center will offer dedicated office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Near the Norman Y. Mineta San Jose International Airport
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. We’re committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030, both by reductions in the emissions we control directly, as well as those in our supply chain we can influence. Our CA3 Santa Clara data center will deliver on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more
- 100% renewable power
- Electric vehicle charging stations