Frankfurt II Data Center Overview
With Frankfurt’s high data center demand, we now offer a new location in Raunheim. Strategically located just southwest of Frankfurt between Russelsheim and Hattersheim, our FRA2 data center is just a short 10-kilometer drive from the Frankfurt International Airport. Once fully developed, the data center will include 335,000 square feet (33,000 square meters) across five stories. It will offer 40MW of critical IT load with 300W/SF (3.2kW/M2) average density. The first phase is scheduled for delivery in the Fall 2022.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Data Center Features
Vantage’s FRA2 data center will provide N+1 redundancy across all systems. An on-site substation (built for 100MVA) and state-of-the-art electrical equipment are the foundation of maximum efficiency and reliability, ensuring customer uptime and reliability thanks to the support from our world-class in-house operations team.
- Designed to feature a low 1.3 PUE
- Power provided by Westenergie from an on-site substation
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the facility
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
The FRA2 data center will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. An integrated economizer capability will allow reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature—when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- N+1 overall, N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
Fiber pathways into the FRA2 data center are multiple and diverse, with access to both dark and lit fiber. Also, the campus is carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- All major carriers available
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the data center (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our FRA2 data center is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Fencing around the perimeter
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire data center
- Dual authentication for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. The FRA2 data center will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities.
- Dedicated offices and workspaces customizable to your needs
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the data center
- Easy access to the Frankfurt International Airport (10 kilometers)
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our FRA2 data center delivers on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Electric vehicle charging stations for cars and bikes
- Creation of green spaces within the site whenever possible
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more