Ashburn II Data Center Campus Overview
Located in the world’s data center capitol, less than two miles from our VA1 campus, will be our second Virginia data center campus. This 18-acre site will house three multi-story facilities, offering 800,000 square feet of space, 96MW of IT capacity and 300W/SF average densities.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s second Northern Virginia data center campus will feature the most state-of-the-art electrical equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The campus will offer N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class in-house operations team ensuring customer uptime.
- Power provided by Dominion Energy, the leading energy provider in the region
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- 480V end-to-end electrical distribution
Our VA2 Ashburn data center campus will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. The cooling system will include an integrated economizer capability that allows reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature, so when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- N+2 redundancy across all mechanical systems
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
VA2 will offer multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the campus with access to both dark and lit fiber. The campus will be carrier neutral, giving you the flexibility to manage your own network.
- All major fiber-based service providers operating within two miles of the Vantage campus
- Six Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) throughout the campus, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Three points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum two paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Ashburn VA2 data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Perimeter security gates and fencing
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication (access badge/PIN and biometric readers) for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, our VA2 data center campus will offer dedicated office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities with food, games, entertainment and more.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
- Proximity to local amenities like Reston Town Center, One Loudoun, IAD airport and more
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs, in addition to our commitment to reach net zero carbon emissions by 2030. Our VA2 data center campus delivers on this promise.
- Energy generation by Dominion Energy, offering renewable energy credits
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more