Montreal Data Center Overview
Your search for data center space in the province of Quebec is now made simpler with our five-acre purpose-built Montreal campus offering 11MW of critical IT load in its 60,000 square feet of space. High density options scale to 240W/SF in this multi-story data center that is Uptime Institute certified.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
- Tier III Certification of Design Documents, Uptime Institute
- Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility, Uptime Institute
- LEED BD+C: Core and Shell (in progress), U.S. Green Building Council
- For a complete list of our corporate certifications, please click here.
Montreal Data Center Features
We’ll make sure that you’re always up and running so you can focus on achieving your business goals. Vantage’s Montreal campus offers redundancy and guaranteed uptime for peace of mind. Our team is constantly building and deploying the latest technology and services to continually improve efficiency and reliability.
- N+1 electrical and mechanical redundancy
- High-density ready slab floor design
- Nearly 100 percent hydroelectric power, creating very little greenhouse gas and no harmful waste
The colder Montreal climate means our campus can use outside air for free cooling almost the entire year. To extend cooling efficiency even further, we use hot aisle/cold aisle air containment that prevents air from mixing.
- Intelligent free cooling system
- Outside air economization up to 80 percent of the year
- N+1 redundancy across all mechanical systems
Montreal is a highly connected, carrier-neutral campus with extensive and diverse fiber connections. It includes two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) for network redundancy, as well as direct interconnection to some of the biggest public and private cloud providers.
- Highly connected and carrier neutral
- Two MMRs throughout the campus, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Geographic redundancy between Quebec City and Montreal grids
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Montreal data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- Biometric identification and facial recognition
- 24x7x365 video surveillance and on-site security
- 100 indoor and outdoor closed-circuit cameras
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track on-site personnel all the time
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, our Montreal campus welcomes you through a brightly lit atrium, beyond which you’ll find dedicated office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities with food, games, entertainment and more.
- Customizable office and workspaces
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Conference and break rooms
- Proximity to Montreal’s main business district with entertainment, airport and highways
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Montreal campus delivers on this promise.
- Uptime Institute certified
- LEED BD+C: Core and Shell (in progress)
- Energy generation by Hydro Quebec, 99.5 percent hydroelectric power
- Free cooling throughout most of the year using outside air
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more