London II Data Center Overview
Your search for data center space in London, the largest of the FLAP markets, is now made simpler thanks to our second London campus under development in the PowerGate District. Sited on an acre of land (.5 hectares) less than a mile (just over a kilometer) from our flagship London campus, LHR2 will include more than 194,000 square feet (18,000 square meters) and 20MW of critical IT load throughout a six-story data center. The data center will offer 300W/SF (3.23kW/M²) average densities to power your high-density applications with the first phase coming online in early 2025. Once LHR1 and LHR2 are fully developed, our total capacity in the “Big Smoke” will be 75MW.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to the same service and delivery standards across the globe.
Data Center Features
Vantage’s LHR2 London data center will feature the most state-of-the-art electrical equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The data center will offer N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class in-house operations team ensuring customer uptime.
- Power provided by National Grid, the region’s leading energy provider
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the data center
- 400V electrical configuration
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
Vantage’s LHR2 London data center will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. The cooling system will include an integrated economizer capability that allows reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature, so when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- N+1 overall, N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
LHR2 will offer multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the data center with access to both dark and lit fiber. The campus will be carrier neutral, giving you the flexibility to manage your own network.
- Two meet-me-rooms (MMRs), allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Three points-of-entry (POEs), ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the data center (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our LHR2 London data center is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- CCTV on all access control points
- Dual authentication for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor Management System with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, our LHR2 London data center will offer dedicated office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities with food, games, entertainment and more.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces
- Sustainable outdoor facilities such green spaces and cycle storage
- Less than 30 minutes away from Heathrow International Airport and London City Center
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. We’re committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030, both by reductions in the emissions we control directly, as well as those in our supply chain we can influence. Our LHR2 London data center delivers on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- District heating network connection to export waste heat back to the local network
- BREEAM excellent targeted
- A portion of the facade was designed by a local artist using durable, non-combustible materials to create an impactful, one-of-a-kind presence in the community
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more