Fo Tan Data Center Overview
This 13-story data center in Fo Tan is strategically located in a key availability zone. It’s 20 minutes from Central Hong Kong, 25 minutes from Lo Wu Port and 30 minutes from Hong Kong International Airport. It is a world-class, carrier-neutral Tier III facility offering 185,000 square feet (17,000 square meters) of space, 10 data modules and extensive connectivity options.
We’re pleased to offer all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
- Tier III Certification of Design, Uptime Institute
- ISO 9001
- ISO 20000
- ISO 27001
- ISO 14001
- SOC 2
- For a complete list of our corporate certifications, please click here.
Data Center Features
Vantage’s Fo Tan data center campus provides redundancy across all systems. State-of-the-art electrical equipment is the foundation for maximum efficiency and reliability, ultimately ensuring customer uptime thanks to the support from a world-class in-house operations team.
- Power provided by China Light & Power Company Limited (CLP)
- 2N in-room busway deployments
- N+1 block redundant electrical system configuration
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the facility
- 380/230V power distribution
- All systems concurrently maintainable
Our data center campuses are designed to cool your critical technology efficiently and economically. Our choice of cooling systems is reliable, ensuring your IT assets and applications are always running to keep up with the demands of your business.
- Modular Air Cool Chiller (MACC) backed up by UPS with busway design enables fast deployment
- N+2 component-level redundancy across mechanical systems
- Hot aisle containment system
- Closed-loop chilled water system
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr)
The Fo Tan data center offers multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the facility with access to both dark and lit fiber. It is carrier neutral, giving you the flexibility to manage your own network.
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) allow for diverse paths
- Two points-of-entry (POEs) ensure maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Dual risers provide network diversity
- Carrier neutral with extensive connectivity options
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Fo Tan data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- CCTV surveillance with local and remote monitoring
- Card lock system
- Perimeter security gates
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center campus that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential.
- Dedicated office and workspaces customizable to meet your needs
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces
- Break area and pantry
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. We’re committed to reaching net zero carbon emissions by 2030, both by reductions in the emissions we control directly, as well as those in our supply chain we can influence.