Santa Clara II Data Center Campus Overview
Your search for data center space in Silicon Valley is now made simpler thanks to our second Santa Clara campus. Sited on nine acres less than two miles from our flagship Santa Clara campus, CA2 will include more than 541,000 square feet of data center space and 75MW of critical IT load across three, four-story data centers, bringing our total expanded capacity in Santa Clara to 152MW.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to the same service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s CA2 campus features the most state-of-the-art electrical equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The campus offers N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class, in-house operations team ensuring customer uptime.
- Three on-site 50MW transformers
- Power provided by Silicon Valley Power (SVP), the leading energy provider in the region
- 415/240V electrical distribution
Vantage’s CA2 campus uses a highly efficient chilled water loop system which utilizes minimal water for maximum cooling. The cooling system includes an integrated economizer capability that allows reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature, so when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- Highly efficient chilled water loop system utilizes minimal water for maximum cooling
- Closed-loop chilled water system with water-side economizers
- N+1 redundancy across all mechanical systems
Vantage’s CA2 campus is in the heart of Silicon Valley, close to one of the densest fiber connection points in the country. The campus offers diverse fiber paths, and multiple available carriers provide robust connectivity and choice so you have options that suit your needs.
- Both dark fiber and lit fiber services
- Multiple diverse inbound laterals
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our second Santa Clara data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- Onsite security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Perimeter security gates and fencing
- CCTV video surveillance from 200+ cameras across the campus
- Minimum of five layers of security protecting each customer’s data module
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. This Santa Clara campus includes dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities.
- Customizable customer offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our second Santa Clara campus delivers on this promise.
- Energy generation by Silicon Valley Power (SVP), offering renewable energy credits and the best power rates in the region
- Innovative water plant using reclaimed water
- Electric vehicle charging stations
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more