Quincy Data Center Overview
Do you need to house your digital infrastructure in the western United States, but not necessarily in the heart of Silicon Valley? If so, the northwest may be the right solution for you. Our 68-acre campus sited in Quincy, Washington, offers you the lowest power rates in the country combined with state tax breaks to deliver the lowest total cost of ownership (TCO) in the U.S. Once fully developed, the campus will feature three data centers with 512,500 square feet of space and 70MW of critical IT load.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
- WA11: Tier III Certification of Design Documents, Uptime Institute
- WA11: Tier III Certification of Constructed Facility, Uptime Institute
- WA11: Tier III Gold Certification of Operational Sustainability, Uptime Institute
- WA11: LEED Gold Certified, U.S. Green Building Council
- For a complete list of our corporate certifications, please click here.
Quincy Data Center Features
We’ll make sure that you’re always up and running so you can focus on achieving your business goals. Vantage’s Quincy campus offers redundancy and guaranteed uptime for peace of mind. Our team is constantly building and deploying the latest technology and services to continually improve efficiency and reliability.
- Power provided by Grant County PUD, offering the lowest per-KW rates in the country
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- Electrical design at the PDU to maximize electrical efficiency
Vantage’s Quincy campus offers multiple solutions to ensure highly efficient data module cooling and humidity management. The campus has multiple solutions to meet all cooling needs.
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- N+1 redundancy across all mechanical systems
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) with latest cooling design planned for new buildings
We build our facilities with customization in mind. That also applies to network access. You can manage your own network, or we can help customize to suit your specific needs.
- Multiple Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) in each building
- Multiple carriers available with both lit and dark fiber
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Quincy data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- Security personnel onsite 24x7x365
- Minimum of five layers of security protecting each customer’s data module
- CCTV video surveillance from multiple cameras across the campus with 30-day video archiving always available
- Visitor management systems and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. This Quincy campus includes dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Quincy campus delivers on this promise.
- Uptime Institute certified (WA11)
- LEED Gold certified
- Energy generation by Grant Power, producing over 80 percent of its total capacity through hydroelectric technologies
- Features a custom indirect evaporative cooling system designed to eliminate impact from outdoor conditions through a closed loop delivery infrastructure
- Generators that meet the EPA Tier II standard and reduce emissions by 90 percent
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more