Frankfurt Data Center Campus Overview
In the most sought-after data center market in Europe, Vantage’s first Frankfurt data center campus is located in Offenbach, just one kilometer from the main data centers and peering points in Frankfurt and a 15-minute drive from the airport. It sits on approximately eight acres (three hectares) and, once fully developed, the 650,000 square foot (60,000 square meters) campus will be comprised of three multi-story, state-of-the-art data centers offering a combined 55MW of critical IT load.
This campus is a partnership between Vantage Data Centers, utility provider Energieversorgung Offenbach and general contractor DC-DataCenter-Group.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
Vantage’s new Frankfurt campus will provide N+1 redundancy across all systems. An on-campus substation and state-of-the-art electrical equipment are the foundation of maximum efficiency and reliability, ultimately ensuring customer uptime and reliability thanks to the support from a world-class in-house operations team.
- Designed to feature a low 1.3 PUE
- Power provided by EVO (the local utility provider) from an on-campus substation
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- All systems 100% concurrently maintainable
Except for the first building using air-to-air units into an N+1 topology, Vantage’s Frankfurt campus will use a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. An integrated economizer capability will allow reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature–when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- N+1 redundancy across all mechanical systems
- Dedicated cooling units in all critical spaces
- Indirect free cooling with condensers top-up
Fiber pathways into the Vantage Frankfurt campus are multiple and diverse, with access to both dark and lit fiber. Also, the campus is carrier neutral, giving customers the flexibility to manage their own network.
- Two Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) for each data center on campus, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- More than 20 carriers already connecting in Offenbach
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Frankfurt data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Fencing around the perimeter
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system with controlled and monitored access points and stringent access control policy
Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. This Frankfurt campus will include dedicated customer office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities.
- Dedicated offices and workspaces customizable to your needs
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
- Easy access to Frankfurt Airport: 15-minute drive, 30 minutes by train
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints and maintaining energy efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Frankfurt campus delivers on this promise.
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Electric vehicle charging stations for cars and bikes
- Creation of green spaces within the campus whenever possible
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more