Thank you for your interest in working for Vantage Data Centers.
This Privacy Notice is being provided on behalf of Vantage Data Centers Management Company, LLC (Vantage Americas) and Vantage Data Centers Holding Europe SARL (Vantage Europe) and their respective affiliates (collectively, “Vantage”) and sets out the basis on which we collect and process personal information relating to job applicants as part of our recruitment process.
We are committed to being transparent about how we collect and use personal information and to meeting our data protection obligations. We also include within this notice the reasons for processing your personal information, the lawful basis that permits us to process it, how long we keep your personal information for and your rights regarding your personal information.
1. Personal Information Processed by Vantage
We collect, use, transfer, and store job applicant personal information through electronic and paper-based data processing systems. We have implemented an information security program that is reasonably designed to protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information.
2. Types of Personal Information Held
We keep several categories of personal information about our prospective employees to carry out effective and efficient processes. We keep this personal information in recruitment files relating to each vacancy and we also hold the personal information within our computer systems, for example, recruitment logs.
Specifically, we hold the following categories of personal information:
- contact information, such as your name, address, email address and telephone numbers;
- compliance information (i.e. right to work documentation, identification information such as government issued-identification numbers);
- customary resume data, such as information about your current and previous employment, education, and professional credentials;
- references from former employers; and
- job-related information, such as the position you are applying for and information about your specific qualifications for that job.
3. Collecting Your Personal Information
We may collect personal information in a variety of ways. For example, personal information might be contained in application forms or CVs (including when these are sent to us as part of speculative applications or queries), obtained from your passport or other identity documents, or collected through interviews or other methods of assessment.
In some cases, we will collect personal information about you from third parties, such as employment agencies, former employers when gathering references or credit reference agencies. We will seek information from third parties only once a job offer has been made to you.
If you are selected for a position, we may also process background screening data, such as criminal records checks, subject to applicable law. These checks are typically provided to us by third parties who provide employment background screening services. We rely on the lawful basis of our legitimate interests to process this data.
We have an HR Privacy Statement to provide information about our privacy practices for successful candidates and employees, and we will provide a copy of this to you if we make you an offer.
4. Failure to Provide Personal Information
You are under no statutory or contractual obligation to provide personal information to Vantage during the recruitment process. However, if you do not provide the information, we may not be able to process your application.
5. The Purposes and Legal Basis for Processing Your Information
Vantage has a legitimate interest in processing personal information during the recruitment process and for keeping records of the process. Processing personal information from job applicants allows us to manage the recruitment process, assess and confirm a candidate’s suitability for employment and decide to whom to offer a job. We may also need to process data from job applicants to respond to and defend against legal claims. We will not use your personal information for any purpose other than the recruitment process of which you are a part.
6. Disclosures and International Transfers
Your personal information may be shared within Vantage as needed to achieve the purposes set forth in Section 3 “Collecting Your Personal Information”. We may also share your personal information with our service providers and third party data processors, which use the personal information only as permitted by our contracts with them (such as for recruitment services, verification or vetting, as appropriate). We will also transfer personal information when required by law. For a list of our affiliates, please contact us at the address provided below.
Your personal information may be processed in a location outside your country of residence, which may not have equivalent privacy or data protection laws. However, regardless of where your personal information is transferred, we will protect it in accordance with this Privacy Notice and applicable law.
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, we generally use approved Standard Contractual Clauses to assure that your personal information is adequately protected when it is transferred out of the region. We may also transfer to recipients with approved Binding Corporate Rules or if otherwise permitted by applicable law. Please contact the Vantage Europe Data Protection Office at the address provided below if you would like more information about cross-border transfers or to obtain a copy of the Standard Contractual Clauses.
7. Data Retention
If your application for employment is successful, personal information gathered during the recruitment process will be transferred to your personnel file and retained during your employment. The periods for which employee data is held will be provided to you in a separate privacy notice.
If you are not offered the job that you have applied for, we may retain your job application data as permitted by law, and we may contact you about future opportunities. We will securely delete your information when it is no longer needed for recruiting purposes.
If you do not want us to retain your application, please contact us to request deletion.
8. Automated Decision-Making and Profiling
We will not use profiling techniques or make automated-decisions about you that may significantly affect you, unless (1) the decision is necessary as part of a contract that we have with you, (2) we have your explicit consent, or (3) we are required by law to use the technology.
9. Your Rights
We respect your rights to access, correct and request erasure or restriction of your personal information as required by law. This means:
- You have the right to be informed about the personal information we hold about you and what we do with it.
- You have the right to know whether or not we maintain your personal information. If we do have your personal information, we will provide you with access to it (subject to the rights of others) as required by law and pursuant to our Subject Access Request policy.
- You have the right to ask us to correct your information, if it is inaccurate or incomplete. This is also known as “rectification”.
- You have the right to ask us to delete your personal information in certain circumstances. If we do not have a legal basis for retaining your personal information, we will delete it as required by applicable law. This is also known as “erasure”.
- You have the right to object to our processing of your personal information or to ask us to restrict our processing of your personal information.
- Depending on your country, you may have other rights, such as the right to transfer the personal information we received from you to another party. This is also known as “portability”.
- You may also have the right to object to the inclusion of any information and the right to regulate any automated decision-making and profiling using your personal information.
In addition to the above rights, if we are processing your personal information on the basis of your consent, you may withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent means that we will stop processing the personal information that you had previously given us consent to use. There will be no consequences for withdrawing your consent. However, in some cases, we may continue to use the personal information where so permitted by having a legitimate reason for doing so.
To exercise these rights, please contact us as follows:
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, you may contact the Vantage Data Protection Office by email at email@example.com.
- Residents of other countries may contact the Vantage Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please understand that these rights are subject to some limitations, such as when we are processing or retaining personal information to comply with our own legal obligations.
If you believe that we have processed your personal information in violation of applicable law, you may file a complaint.
- If you are a resident of the European Economic Area, Switzerland, or the United Kingdom, please contact the Vantage Data Protection Office by email at email@example.com. You may also file a complaint directly with the supervisory authority in your country.
- Residents of other countries should contact the Vantage Privacy Office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can contact us as follows:
2820 Northwestern Parkway
2 rue Peternelchen