Ashburn Data Center Campus Overview
Your presence in the world’s largest data center market is just a short drive from the nation’s capital. At full build out, our 42-acre Northern Virginia campus will house five multi-story facilities, offering more than 1 million square feet and 146MW of capacity. Providing 200W/SF average densities, your high-density applications can be housed in an award-winning facility.
We’re pleased to offer you all the advantages that come with choosing Vantage Data Centers. You’ll find a unique combination of people and technology: cooling and power that’s both sustainable and reliable; flexible room design and rigidly enforced physical security; and amenities that keep your staff happy—all backed by operational excellence at every location as we scrupulously adhere to our rigorous service and delivery standards across the globe.
- VA11: 2019 Best of NAIOP Northern Virginia Awards, Award of Excellence
- VA11: 2020 Northern Virginia Technology Council (NVTC) Data Center Awards, Finalist, Data Center Construction Project
Vantage’s Northern Virginia data center campus features the most state-of-the-art electrical equipment to ensure maximum efficiency and reliability. The campus offers N+1 redundancy across all systems, all supported by a world-class in-house operations team ensuring customer uptime.
- Power provided by Dominion Energy, the leading energy provider in the region
- Multiple, diverse power feeds supporting the campus
- 480V end-to-end electrical distribution
Vantage’s Northern Virginia campus uses a highly efficient closed-loop chilled water system generated through air-cooled chillers. The cooling system also includes an integrated economizer capability that allows reduced compressor energy based on outside ambient temperature, so when weather is favorable, cooling becomes more sustainable and less resource intensive.
- Computer Room Air Handling (CRAH) units located in two galleries on opposite sides of each data module allow for highly efficient airflow distribution
- Closed-loop chilled water system with air-side economizers
- N+2 redundancy across all mechanical systems
- Water Utilization Efficiency (WUE) is near zero (liters/kW/hr) using the latest cooling design
VA1 offers multiple, diverse fiber pathways into the campus with access to both dark and lit fiber. The campus is carrier neutral, giving you the flexibility to manage your own network.
- All major fiber-based service providers operating within two miles of the Vantage campus
- Multiple Meet-Me-Rooms (MMRs) throughout the campus, allowing for diverse paths and multiple connectivity options
- Four points-of-entry (POEs) for the campus ensuring maximum path diversity for inbound carriers
- Diverse fiber pathways into the data center campus (minimum 2 paths per carrier)
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Northern Virginia data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your digital assets.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Perimeter security gates and fencing
- CCTV on all access control points throughout the entire campus
- Dual authentication (access badge/PIN and biometric readers) for customer and critical infrastructure areas
- Visitor management system and badging to control and track onsite personnel all the time
A space where your employees can work efficiently, as well as relax and recharge, is essential. To provide that superior customer environment, our Ashburn data center campus offers dedicated office space, conference rooms and large-scale break room facilities with food, games, entertainment and more.
- Customizable offices and workspaces dedicated to individual customers
- Secure storage with easy access between data modules
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
- Proximity to local amenities like Reston Town Center, One Loudoun, IAD airport and more
Vantage Data Centers builds and operates our campuses in ways that prioritize sustainability and environmental responsibility, all while delivering the reliability that is our hallmark. Our baseline approach includes using renewable energy whenever possible, limiting carbon footprints, and maintaining energy-efficient operations with industry-leading PUEs. Our Northern Virginia data center campus delivers on this promise.
- Energy generation by Dominion Energy, offering renewable energy credits
- Hyper-efficient cooling with outside air economization using minimal water
- Outdoor lights powered by solar and wind
- Solar-powered electric vehicle charging stations
- Multi-tier “solar tree” photovoltaic panels power office areas
- Small things that add up over time: recycling, motion-sensor LED lights, drought-resistant landscaping and more