Our commitment to offering a superior customer environment is unsurpassed. Providing an atmosphere within each data center that helps you and your personnel relax, recharge and work more efficiently is essential. Clients have access to our lounge with catering facilities, meeting rooms, board rooms and conference center. Dedicated offices, meeting rooms and lab/tech spaces are available on request.
- Dedicated offices and workspaces customizable to your needs
- Multiple conference rooms and meeting spaces throughout the campus
- Near the M4 and major airports with strong links to several local universities and research centers
Vantage’s Cardiff campus provides N+N topology for redundancy. A unique dedicated 400kv substation on campus connects, directly and privately, to the U.K. SuperGrid. All power into the campus is 100% renewable energy and available at highly competitive rates.
- Most powerful data center campus in Europe
- Direct, private 400kv SuperGrid connection, supported by regularly tested, highly resilient generators and UPS systems
- All systems concurrently maintainable
- 100% renewable energy
The Cardiff campus deploys multiple cooling technologies, including indirect evaporative air handling units and dry cooler CRAH-based systems in conjunction with highly efficient pumped DX systems.
In addition, the campus features a range of customized cooling systems “to the rack” within data modules in support of high-density and high-performance computing applications, including liquid to chip, hot/cold aisle, chimneys, in-row coolers and plate heat exchange.
- Minimum N+1/N+20% on all mechanical systems
- Prevailing climate supports free air cooling throughout much of the year
- Customized HPC cooling solutions available
Rich in connectivity, the Cardiff campus has fiber delivered by many Tier 1 service providers and offers low latency between Wales and London of less than 1.5 milliseconds. Currently, building one has three points-of-entry (POE) and eight meet-me-rooms (MMR), with the ability to expand. Buildings two and three will have similar connectivity, all based on customer requirements.
The campus offers Cloud Gateway, which facilitates direct access into leading public cloud providers such as Microsoft ExpressRoute. Customers can also take advantage of Connect, which provides pre-installed links to virtual meet-me-rooms in London. In addition, the campus is a new hosting facility for LINX Wales.
- Carrier-neutral campus
- 10GE, nx10GE, 40GE and 100GE point-to-point connectivity
- Low latency: <1.5 milliseconds, Wales to London
- Pre-installed links to virtual meet-me-rooms in London
- Direct access into leading public cloud providers
- Independent fiber route available
- 12+ international carriers
Stringent security and safety measures are hallmarks of every Vantage campus. Our Cardiff data center campus is no exception, so you can rest easy when it comes to the security of your data.
Sited in a low crime rate area, the data center campus sets back from the perimeter, which has military-grade fencing, digital tripwires and multiple IR CCTV towers with diverse power and connectivity feeds. Ten-ton, anti-ram raid blocks are installed between paved areas and entries for added protection. Traffic management systems are in place at the entrance and the exit, supported by double airlock gates. Layered access is controlled using zoned card swipe and CCTV monitoring throughout and can be supplemented with custom fitments for multi-factor authentication, secure trunking, airlocks and additional surveillance.
- On-site security operations center with patrols 24x7x365
- Meets or exceeds the standards required by global enterprises
- Meets the U.K. government/military security specifications